Re: More summer of code ideas needed!

From: Michele Martone
Subject: Re: More summer of code ideas needed!
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:08:40 +0100

On address@hidden:21, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> Mentoring organisation applications for Google Summer of Code are now open!
>

> http://google-opensource.blogspot.ca/2013/03/mentoring-organization-applications-now.html
>
> I have been cleaning up our ideas page in preparation for this:
>
>     http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Low-Level_I.2FO
>
> This has resulted in a number of ideas from past years being reworked
> or removed. We need more ideas! It would be nice if we could get more
> ideas for the Octave Forge packages.
>
> So, what are your ideas? What else could students work on? Edit the
> wiki or let me know and I can work it into the wiki.

Well, I don't know whether this is a priority for Octave, but in case it
makes sense, I would have no problem mentoring a project of completing /
hardening the "sparsersb" plugin http://librsb.sourceforge.net/#a_sparsersb .

The plugin is almost ready and it needs solid testing / review (and
this, by definition, cannot be done by me), so I don't know whether this
fits well in a GSoC project !