Re: GSoC 2013 ideas page

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GSoC 2013 ideas page
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:39:10 -0400

On Mar 13, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> As I've said earlier, Octave will be appying for GSoC 2013 as an
> independent mentoring organisation:
>

> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-in-Google-Summer-of-Code-2013-td4649768.html
>
> I have just worked on updating our ideas page for GSoC 2013:
>
>    http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas
>
> I think it's looking healthy and has a good mix of possible ideas.
> More ideas are still welcome, though! Add them to the wiki as
> necessary.

I'm not sure this fits, but what of an interactive tutorial/intro to Octave,
using a web based interface?

Essentially, a combination of what is below?

        http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Octave_Programming_Tutorial

        http://weboctave.mimuw.edu.pl/weboctave/web/

Is it possible to run weboctave from within the wiki?

Ben

p.s. Alex Barth asked if something like this already existed, and I thought it
sounded like a possible candidate for GSoC.