Re: Texinfo 5 and deftypefnx

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Texinfo 5 and deftypefnx
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:48:34 -0700

3/24/13

The fix is conceptually simple.  Texinfo 5 does not allow separating
@deftypefn and @deftypefnx entries.  Most of the time the documentation is
written as

@deftypefn ...
@deftypefnx ...
@end deftypefn

Occasionally, however, the documentation is

@deftypefn ...
Some documentation lines
@deftypefnx ...
Some more documentation lines
@end deftypefn

To change the second form into the first form requires moving the
@deftypefnx entries to be adjacent to the @deftypefn entry -- which is
easy.  Unfortunately it also requires re-writing the documentation lines so
that the sentences still make sense.  That was a little harder which is why
it hasn't been done.

--Rik