Re: Matlab references in docs; distinguishing between ML and Octave

From: Thorsten Liebig
Subject: Re: Matlab references in docs; distinguishing between ML and Octave
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:22:23 +0100

Am 25.03.2013 14:05, schrieb Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
>> 3. A way to distinguish Octave and ML, that works in both, could be to use
>> the "computer" function;
> There is no reason why this should be different in both. The only
> reason it's different is that we haven't figured out how to make it
> the same. We probably will never be able to make it the same in both,
> but it's a quirk, not a design feature, that this function is
> different from Matlab.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

We have written a small script "isOctave" to test for Octave or Matlab in our
Interface and it should work on any OS.

https://github.com/thliebig/CSXCAD/blob/master/matlab/isOctave.m

Basically we just do:

isOct = exist('OCTAVE_VERSION','builtin') ~= 0;

Anyone may feel free to copy, modify and use it in any way...

regards
Thorsten