Re: Debugging and the GUI Editor; Qt help needed

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Debugging and the GUI Editor; Qt help needed
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:12:29 +0100

On 28.03.2013 09:32, Thorsten Liebig wrote:
> Am 28.03.2013 09:09, schrieb John W. Eaton:
>> It's not that two breakpoints are set on the same line.  They are set on
>> adjacent lines, and I think that one of them should not be set.  I don't
>> think this will be too hard to debug and fix, I just haven't had a chance to
>> look at it yet.
>>
> Nice work!
>
> I noticed that two breakpoints are set if you mark an empty or comment only
> line. You end up with one on that line and the next not-empty line...  It
> would make sense to only have the second one?

In function add_breakpoint_callback the breakpoint is set via
bp_table::add_breakpoint at the next reasonable line (e.g. after blank
and comment lines). I guess setting this breakpoint also sets the marker
in the editor at that line (like dbstop from the command line would do).
At the end of add_breakpoint_callback the marker is set "manually" a
second time but at the original line number.

The same holds for remove_breakpoint_callback. Moreover, the increment
of the line number is missing in this function

Changeset http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/75a6716b72a2
should fix this.

Torsten