Re: Debugging and the GUI Editor; Qt help needed

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Debugging and the GUI Editor; Qt help needed
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:05:21 +0100

On 28.03.2013 17:07, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 03/28/2013 10:55 AM, Torsten wrote:
>> What I do not understand is that the directory of the function is
>> correctly set before setting the breakpoint but obviously without having
>> any effect. Changing the directory manually and then setting the
>> breakpoint works fine.
>
> I'll have to look at it.
>
> Can you give a precise recipe for the problem?  Are you setting the
> breakpoint from the editor with a file already open there?  What is the
> current directory when it works/fails?  Are you setting the breakpoint
> in a script or a function?

1. open a file (script or function) with the same name as an octave
function (e.g. home/ttl/pkg.m)

2a. The actual octave directory is _not_ /home/ttl:

    Setting a breakpoint in the editor (mouse click or menu) opens
    the octave funtion pkg.m and sets the breakpoint there

2b. The actual octave directory is /home/ttl:

    Setting a breakpoint in the editor (mouse click or menu) really
    sets the breakpoint in /home/ttl/pkg.m
    If starting with case 2a, it is not enough to change the
    directory but you have to run the file from the editor

In case of 2a, a dbstop from the command line clearly sets a breakpoint
in the octave function pkg.m. But setting the breakpoint in the editor
file /home/ttl/pkg.m should not open another file and set the breakpoint
there.

Torsten