Re: Connecting Octave to the GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Connecting Octave to the GUI
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 00:49:10 -0400

On 04/04/2013 12:43 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Yup, that's going in the right direction. That signal can go across
threads with no worries. You've even bypassed the main window, which is
good.

OK, then I will check in that change and see if I can make a few more
and clean up some of the functions that will be unused as a result.

In the code is currently stuff like this:
void
main_window::handle_insert_debugger_pointer_request (const QString&
file, int line)
{
#ifdef HAVE_QSCINTILLA
_file_editor->handle_insert_debugger_pointer_request (file, line);
#endif
}

which isn't egregious, but is kind of redundant. Just connect a signal
from the octave_link to the file editor (similar to what you've done in
your example). Now, if there is something special that the main window
needs to do, it can have it's own slot as well.

OK, I can also try to make some changes like that.

Thanks.