Re: Question of GSoC JIT project (Research Thesis)

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Question of GSoC JIT project (Research Thesis)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:59:17 -0400

On 8 April 2013 11:43, Issac Torvalds <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Jordi,

Hi. I'm CC'ing the Octave maintainers list.

> I am a student who want to apply GSoC 2013. When I going through the
> google-summer-of-code mailing list. I noticed that you have
> mentioned a project related to JIT compiling. Would you mind to give
> more information?

Here you go:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Improve_JIT_compiling

It's a bit scant on details. Do you know the Matlab language? Octave
is very similar. It's what we're JIT compiling.

> I have six years experience in C/C++. And I have knowledge of
> compiler and JIT (My previous project is about using LLVM JIT to
> improve runtime system performance).

These sound like more than adequate qualifications.

Come talk in #octave in Freenode if you're interested.

- Jordi G. H.