Re: Help needed to fix QTerminal problem

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help needed to fix QTerminal problem
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:22:20 -0400

On 04/08/2013 04:10 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 04/08/2013 03:09 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 04/08/2013 02:53 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

Did you try to invert the colors
in libgui/qterminal/libqterminal/win32/QTerminalColors.cpp instead?

No, I'll try that. But even before my changes, the background color
appeared to be set unconditionally to Qt::Black:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/eeedbc7c0740

Is there a way to ask for the background color from the hidden terminal?
Or should I just set it to white unconditionally?

With the attached changes from your original code, I get a white
background and the reverse video that is used by things like the less
status message is correct. But instead of black for the font, I'm
seeing gray. I guess that's because the hidden terminal is using gray
as the foreground color, not white. What's the best way to change
that?

Hmm, I see that without any of the changes that I applied, something like

  system ("color F0")

should change the background to white and the foreground to black.

Are we really limited to reflecting the color of the Windows terminal colors exactly in the QTerminal widget, with only 16 colors to choose from?