Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave

From: rappo
Subject: Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 17:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all... I'm David Rappo, one of the founders of Bountysource.com. I spoke
to Jordi briefly on irc (#bountysource freenode) the other day. Jordi had
asked for some clarification of which types of projects we support, so I
wanted to take the time to update our official response. This can be viewed
from our FAQ: https://www.bountysource.com/#faq

Bountysource is a team of four located in San Francisco (come have lunch or
a beer with us if you're in town!) and we stand behind our service 100%.
We're always around and actively reachable via email
(address@hidden) or irc, so don't hesitate to send us your
questions or feedback.

Additionally, to show our support for GNU Octave we'd like to offer a dollar
matching promotion for all bounties placed on Octave (up to a total of
$500).

Another option to consider is running a Fundraiser on Bountysource where you
offer up rewards (such as tshirts, pens, recognition on a donor's page, etc)
based on the donation level. We can also help with with creating and
shipping all merchandise for you. You can then take Fundraiser funds and
either cash it out to use as you wish, or keep the money within Bountysource
and create bounties. Some examples of fundraisers:
https://www.bountysource.com/#fundraisers/91-jshint and
https://www.bountysource.com/#fundraisers/83-farwest