Re: llvm 3.1 vs. 3.2

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: llvm 3.1 vs. 3.2
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 22:03:07 -0600

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Michael D. Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
Max,

Are you still working on the JIT?  I ask because the
current version (3.2) of llvm has changes that are
incompatible with the current Octave implementation.

Most systems are still on llvm 3.1, but Fedora 18 now
requires 3.2.  (This is due to the version of mesa that
they currently provide.)

It appears that, at least for some time, it will be necessary
to have a config option to support either 3.1 or 3.2.

Any suggestions about how to get this done?

Michael

Unfortunately, I'm busier than I had anticipated this semester, so I don't have time to work on Octave.

I had looked into updating JIT to support LLVM 3.2, and it shouldn't be that difficult, it looks like there are some minor API changes. These API changes could be checked for in the configure script.

--
Max Brister