Re: I'm no longer working on Octave

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: I'm no longer working on Octave
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:35:07 -0300

2013/4/6 Paryshaan <address@hidden>
Hello John
I'm from Iran
It is not in my afford to buy a MATLAB license but I used it for about 5
years in university.

from about 8 years ago up to now, when i want to go to the MATLAB 's website
from within Iran, it says:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.mathworks.com/" on this
server.
Reference #18.5560434d.1365280485.c499ebe

I don't know why they banned me to buy their software or use at least their
website, but there are many other websites which put last version of MATLAB
and its licenses for download and illegal use which is not illegal in Iran.

It's about 1.5 year I'm working on a project and I chose octave for this
purpose. I faced lots of bugs and lack of abilities in OCTAVE compared with
MATLAB.
I should say I really loved MATLAB but I don't know what to say about
OCTAVE.
Maybe it is the only way for me to be honest in this world!
Thank you and thanks to God for giving me this chance.

What?!