Re: Iran, copyright, Matlab and Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Iran, copyright, Matlab and Octave
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:59:23 -0400

On 10 April 2013 09:55, Thorsten Liebig <address@hidden> wrote:

> And that is where Octave is different, you encourage to copy and use it and
> spread it to everyone...
> And that is why people should choose Octave over Matlab ...

We encourage you to pay for Octave too, and it is our wish for you to
pay for Octave, but if you don't do so, we aren't going to call you
names, nor are we going to tell you that you're doing something
immoral.

There is no reason why The Mathworks should be allowed to exercise
control over software once it's already in your hands. It is not
immoral to disobey their attempts to control you.

- Jordi G. H.