Re: GUI status on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GUI status on MacOS X
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:24:20 -0400

On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> For anyone interested, I'm currently able to build and run the GUI on MacOS X
> without any extra patches.
>
> Qscintilla is not yet working for me, but I haven't had the time to determine
> why.
>
> Ben

The gui is no longer working on MacOS X.  When I attempt to run the gui, I get

$ ./run-octave
The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality
safely. You MUST exec().
Break on
__THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__()
 to debug.
[...]

Reverting the changeset below allows the gui to run.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b1b8a963f095

I haven't dont any thorough testing, but simple command work for me.

Ben