Regarding the Google Summer of Code project

From: Akhil Verghese
Subject: Regarding the Google Summer of Code project
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:54:16 +0530

Hi,

My name is Akhil Verghese, and I'm a student of physics and engineering in India. I found the numerical project ideas listed on the Octave page extremely interesting, and I was hoping for any advice on how to go about applying, what you're looking for and what I can do to make my proposal appealing.

I'm in my final year of a dual degree, and I have a lot of experience in coding and mathematics, which I imagine is exactly the combination you're looking for. I can send you a more detailed description of my past coding and mathematical projects. I was also wondering if there are any small functions I could write immediately that might boost my application.

Awaiting your response.

Sincerely,

--

Akhil Cherian Verghese