Re: Passing variables up to the GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Passing variables up to the GUI
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:39:20 -0400

On 04/12/2013 10:31 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

There is no requirement that such a function behave exactly as the
interpreter that the user has. As with the "corefeval" I proposed the
other day, it is that underlying builtin code that is what the GUI has
interest in. So, the commands that go from the GUI's internal access
bypass that first level of indirection that otherwise would be M-script
overrides, variable overrides, etc. Neither would these commands appear
in the history list. The best way to describe "corefeval" is that
builtins cannot be overriden.

Maybe we can consider something like that later but I don't have time
now to think about that kind of change or try to make it work.