Re: Multivariate polynomails

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Multivariate polynomails
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:25:53 +0200

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> What do you think of this package?
>>
>> It is not fully shaped as an Octave package but maybe we can add it to Agora?
>>
>> Is there a multivariate polynomial package for GNU Octave already?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Juan, which package?  Missing a link?
>
> Ben

Indeed, my apologies.
Here is the link
http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/jjg/en/code/mvpoly.html

I do not know if there is a better package for multivariate
polynomials. Maybe we can convince this person to continue developing
the package.
At the moment is somehow useful but the conventions used are different
from the standard polynomial coefficient storage.

Thanks for the heads up.