Fwd: GSoC project

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Fwd: GSoC project
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 15:18:18 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wang Kai <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Subject: GSoC project
To: address@hidden

Hi Mr. Noffke
I am a PhD student in Emory University now.
I am interested in the project "color management functions in image package".

I attached my CV for your reference.

thanks

Hi Wang,

Thank you for your interest.  I am forwarding this to the octave-maintainers list.  Please join the mailing list, and send all future correspondence regarding GSoC to the list.

Can you please provide a bit more information about yourself and your interest in this project?

- Please describe your experience with Octave and/or ICC profiles?
- What is your experience with using m-files and C++ programming?
- Have you tried building Octave from source?
- Why are you interested in this particular project?
- What are your other plans for the summer?
- Do you plan to apply for any other GSoC projects?

This project will likely involve incorporating the littlecms library into Octave, and providing an octave interface that matches the Matlab interface for the relevant functions (iccread, iccwrite, applycform, makecform). The primary function in littlecms for applying color transforms is the cmsDoTransform function. The littlecms library and documentation are available at http://www.littlecms.com/.

You will need to provide the ability to perform color transforms between at least the following color spaces:

CMYK <--> L*a*b* (using any 1 of 4 rendering intents contained within a "print" ICC profile)
L*a*b* <--> XYZ
L*a*b* <--> sRGB
L*a*b* <--> RGB (using an "RGB" profile)

The more info you can provide about your experience and interest will only help to make your submission stronger.

Thanks,
Patrick

P.S.  I have not attached your C.V.  If you want the list to see that, you should send it on your own.