Re: Google Summer of Code Project

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code Project
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 15:43:43 -0500

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Patrick Noffke <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Ming Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Patrick,

Thank you so much for your help. I really hope to be granted a chance of doing the Gsoc project.
A little question, how can I participate in the project?

Hi Ming,

Thank you for your reply.  Your background and experience sound great.

If you haven't already, please read the Google FAQ about the GSoC.  Beyond that, I would suggest to start on your proposal.  I will spend some time to see what are reasonable goals to achieve for the summer.  These can be refined later in the project if necessary.

Hi Ming,

In case you did not notice, there is a student application template for Octave.  You can find it here:
http://wiki.octave.org/Student_Application_Template

Could you also please answer the following additional questions?
- What are your other plans or commitments for the summer?
- Do you plan to apply for other GSoC projects?  If so, which ones?
- What approximate schedule do you anticipate working on a GSoC project?
- What is the time difference between us?  I am UTC -0600.

Thanks,
Patrick