Re: PKG: miscellanoues

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: PKG: miscellanoues
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 02:05:16 +0100

On 13 April 2013 19:12, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think the functions *poly (as in legendre, chebyshev, etc...) in the
> miscellaneous package (1.2.0) should be merged with their not
> completely equivalent specfun package siblings or, even easier just
> move them over cause there is no naming conflict.
>
> What do you think?

I have another thought about the miscellaneous package. Removing it
completely. Miscellaneous functions is the type of thing that belongs
to Agora. Or in core if they're useful.

Here's my suggestion:

1 - good useful pieces of code - move to core (publish() is part of matlab core)
2 - functions that fit in another package - move to that package
3 - the rest - move to Agora as individual functions or small bundles
(I think some could actually be turned into sections of the Octave
cookbook)

Carnë