Re: [Octave-Forge] Let's clean up!

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: [Octave-Forge] Let's clean up!
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:10:51 -0300

2013/3/29 Júlio Hoffimann <address@hidden>
Dear all,

Continuing our effort for organizing packages and community contributions, i would like to request packages for "removal". Of course the authors have done a great job in contributing, but maintaining and following standards is also essential.

The first package i think is great moving to Agora is http://octave.sourceforge.net/multicore/index.html. It was originally written for MATLAB, and the latest version is only available at File Exchange (http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/13775).

Markus Bühren, are you interested in port the latest version to Agora (http://agora.octave.org/)?

All,

What do you think of take one package per month for analysis? Anyone can start the thread by linking a package like i did or without any explanation. Simply name it "What about [package name]?".

Best,
Júlio.

Markus contacted me and, on his own words, he is not much into Octave.

I proposed him to port the package on File Exchange and add a note for Octave compatibility in the README or something. Could we remove it from Octave-Forge?

Best,
Júlio.