Re: Can someone test installing 'database' and connecting on Mac OS X?

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Can someone test installing 'database' and connecting on Mac OS X?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:56:26 -0700

On 4/16/13 10:54 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Apr 16, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Olaf Till wrote:

Hi,

I got a bug report off-list with a segfault of the database package on
Mac OS X. I couldn't get much further information, but still wouldn't
like to drop it.

If someone has installed, or tried to install, database on Mac OS X,
could he/she report?

Or if someone on Mac OS X thinks he can make the effort to install the
latest packaged version (2.1.1), try connecting to some postgresql
database, and to obtain a backtrace in case of segfault, this would be
great (but don't do it if it takes an hour or more, this would not be
justified since the OP did not make such an effort).

FYI, the configuration of the OP was:

Mac OS X 10.8.3
gcc version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.11.00)

GNU Octave, version 3.6.3

postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.2.1 (I tried libpq of 9.2.1 on my system
without getting a segfault.)

The segfault was reported to happen at connection time:

conn = pq_connect (setdbopts ("dbname", "name_of_database")); # -> crash

Olaf

I have  not used the database package, but it is available via macports.

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/math/octave-database/Portfile

It may also be available via Fink, but the site listing available packages is
down at the moment.

Ben

Yeah, we've been fighting with that.  It's available in Fink, too.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison