Re: Gsoc 2013-Improving GUI for octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Gsoc 2013-Improving GUI for octave
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:15:06 -0400

On 16 April 2013 10:08, nikhil guzar <address@hidden> wrote:
> This Is Nikhil Guzar,I am interested in improving the GUI of octave,I could
> not find the email id of the mentioned mentors hence asking this here,how
> should i proceed further,I have some experience in Qt.

If you want to work on the GUI, you should begin by cloning the Octave
hg repo, reading etc/HACKING, building this repo, and then submit a
patch fixing some of the potential bugs you may see. Feel free to ask
more questions about any of these steps.

Note that our primary concern here is with acquiring long-term
contributors to Octave. If you are interested in Octave, we will look
upon your GSoC application more favourably if you give us an
indication that you are interested in working with Octave after GSoC
is over.

- Jordi G. H.