Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:07:06 -0400

On 17 April 2013 16:52, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Give the guy a break. He has barely started getting interested in
> Octave and tries to whip up a quick test along the lines of what he
> thinks the best solution is and gets blasted by you for using the
> toolchain he is most comfortable with and for an incomplete
> solution. He has been working on this for all of one day, you can't
> expect a full solution.

I don't think the problem is his solution being incomplete, but
completely in the wrong direction from the beginning. This can't be a
solution for Octave if it's already getting tied to pulseaudio. This
may be a limitation of portaudio, not of Vyatauta's implementation, in
which case, we might want to consider a different audio library.

> To be frank, Jordi, your treatment of others on this list has been
> putting me off a bit lately also.

I apologise for that. Do you have a particular incident in mind where
I have mistreated others?

- Jordi G. H.