What package for STL mesh code?

From: adama
Subject: What package for STL mesh code?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've got various bits of code which I've written and are currently got on
Matlab's file exchange.  Some of these would probably be useful for
Octave-forge - they already work in Octave anyway, but could do with a bit
of a tidy-up which I'll gradually work through.

Any suggestions where would be the best package to put them?  (Unless
equivalent functions already exist?)

The bits I would start with are:

- Read / write stereolithography (.stl) files.
- Voxelization code to convert a 3D surface mesh into a logical 3D array,
and vice-versa.

http://www.mathworks.co.uk/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27390-mesh-voxelisation
http://www.mathworks.co.uk/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27733-converting-a-3d-logical-array-into-an-stl-surface-mesh

Adam