Re: Help with copy/paste from/to Qt command Window

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Help with copy/paste from/to Qt command Window
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:13:33 -0400

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/22/2013 06:48 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    What needs to be done to enable copying text from or pasting text to
    the Qt command window?

Does this question relate to the actual implementation of
copying/pasting from/to the terminal window, or only about the
key-binding issue?

Both, as I'm not really sure how this is supposed to work for the Windows terminal.  Copy and paste already appears to work for the Unix terminal using the context menus that are bound to right click.

I could have a look at it in the coming days, or if you want to do it:
- context menu request signal needs to be propagated from QConsoleView
- selection-with-mouse needs to be implemented
- "copy" can be implemented using ReadConsoleOutputCharacter
- "paste" can be implemented with the existing "sendText" method

Michael.