Re: GUI won't build with older QScintilla

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: GUI won't build with older QScintilla
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 00:47:37 -0400

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Torsten wrote:
> The changeset with the general lexer is checked in:
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3781abc74540

I haven't run the GUI in a while; I noticed tonight that this change
has disabled syntax highlighting for m-files in the editor, at least
for my build. Was that the intent?

> For the problem with setFirstVisibleLine () I attached a simple patch
> where the function setFirstVisibleLine () is replaced by the function
> sendScintilla () with the message SCI_SETFIRSTVISIBLELINE as parameter.
> Since this message is not defined in older versions I have replaced it
> by its numeric value 2613. From a test and what I have seen in the
> Qscintilla sources, an unknown message number is just ignored. As a
> consequence the line where the debugger stops or which is chosen for
> "goto line" is not centered in the editor tab.

Is this change better than adding a test to configure.ac and an ifdef
around the call to setFirstVisibleLine? We already have similar tests
for other Qt and Qscintilla functions, see
OCTAVE_CHECK_FUNC_SETPLACEHOLDERTEXT and
OCTAVE_CHECK_FUNC_FINDFIRST_MODERN.

--
mike