Re: Google Summer of Code Project

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code Project
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:50:34 -0400

On 23 April 2013 10:23, Patrick Noffke <address@hidden> wrote:
> Two hours per day seems quite light.  I don't know about others, but I was
> anticipating a minimum of 20 hours per week (much more, ideally).

You should treat GSoC like a full time project, 40 hours per week. If
you can't make this time commitment, GSoC might not be for you. If you
decide to do GSoC while doing another project at the same time, your
output will most likely reflect this and we may have to fail you at
the midterm. If you're telling us now that you plan to work on
something else while you work on GSoC, this should make us hesitate to
accept you for Octave, unless you give us some indication that you're
very remarkable and able to hold two full time "jobs" at the same
time.

- Jordi G. H.