Re: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:27:56 -0400

On 23 April 2013 15:23, Vytautas Jancauskas <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Vytautas Jancauskas <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I dont understand this bit from Matlab documentation
>> "DriverVersion = audiodevinfo(IO, ID, 'DriverVersion') returns a
>> string indicating the type of the specified audio input or output
>> device."
>>
>> If I call it, for example, audiodevinfo(0, 6, 'ALSA') it outputs 'ALSA'.
>
> Also:
>
> address@hidden:/usr/local/MATLAB/R2012b/bin/glnxa64$ ls | grep portaudio
> libportaudio.rights
> libportaudio.so
> libportaudio.so.2
> libportaudio.so.2.0.0

For legal reasons, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not read Matlab's
source code while working on Octave. In particular, do not attempt to
dig too deeply into Matlab's implementation details.

This is just a warning. It is not yet apparent that you've read
Matlab's source code, but remember to not do it.

The Matlab license also forbids using Matlab for implementing a
competing product. I do not know exactly what this means, but it's
safest if you don't use Matlab at all and instead ask someone else to
report to you on what Matlab does. This is clean-room reverse
engineering, and this is legally safe (or safer).

- Jordi G. H.