Re: waterfall implementation

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: waterfall implementation
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:52:35 +0200

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a changeset ready to push that implements the function
> waterfall (inspired by a question on the help list today). It's all
> good, very simple function, except it doesn't work with gnuplot since
> it relies on the "meshstyle" property which apparently doesn't work
> with gnuplot. On gnuplot it will just look identical to meshz. Worth
> pushing this anyway? Should I mention in the docstring that it won't
> work with gnuplot? Thanks.
>
> --
> mike

I do not know if is it worth pushing or not (maybe fits in a Forge
package?), but you can give a warning if gnuplot is the current
graphics toolkit using

if strcmpi ("gnuplot", graphics_toolkit ())
warining ("Octave:matlab-incompatible", "This function does not
produce the expected output with gnuplot as graphic toolkit.\n");
endif