Re: Interested in GSoC

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Interested in GSoC
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:54:38 -0400

On 24 April 2013 02:48, Prannoy M <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have gone through the list of proposals put up and found that the
> following projects match my skill level and am really interested in working
> with you.
>
> Improve logm, sqrtm, funm

This project is about understanding Nicholas Higham's work on Matlab
and reproducing it for Octave. It is highly technical and
mathematical. Have you already started perusing the work by Higham's
and his team?

    http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/~higham/papers/matrix-functions.php

The following paper seems introductory:

    http://eprints.ma.man.ac.uk/65/01/covered/MIMS_ep2005_21.pdf

You should be comfortable reading these papers if you wish to
undertake this project.

> Generalised eigenvalue problem

See these discussions:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/General-eigenvalue-problem-proposal-td4651990.html