Re: Can "Installing Packages" project needs to be done as GSoC project?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Can "Installing Packages" project needs to be done as GSoC project?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 03:49:25 +0100

On 24 April 2013 15:41, Sai Manoj Kumar Yadlapati wrote:
> Sai Manoj Kumar Yadlapati sent you a message on Bitbucket:
>
> It seems that you are already working on OEP:pkg. My question is that how far
> it is from completion. Does it need to be implemented by me as a GSoC
> project, or have you almost done it.

On 25 April 2013 04:33, Sai Manoj Kumar Yadlapati
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello, I want to participate in GSoC for the Octave project
> "Installing packages". Then, I came to know about the bitbucket
> repository
> https://bitbucket.org/carandraug/octave/commits/all/13d1e9bfa362/branch("pkg").
> I see that it has some features from OEP:pkg working. So, my question
> is that what else needs to be implemented. I can't read the complete
> code of pkg module right now, as I have exams this week. So, could you
> please tell me what is completed till now and what else is remaining.
> Is the "yet to be implemented" part big enough to be implemented as a
> GSoC project?

Hi

it's not yet finished. Pretty much of all it is not yet implement but
as I mentioned to you on IRC a couple of weeks ago, the first step
would be to finish writing the OEP. They can't be "not implement yet",
because the what to be implemented has not been decided.

Carnë