Re: Help with copy/paste from/to Qt command Window

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help with copy/paste from/to Qt command Window
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:50:39 -0400

On 04/23/2013 02:40 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 04/22/2013 07:13 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

I could have a look at it in the coming days, or if you want to do it:
- context menu request signal needs to be propagated from QConsoleView

Thanks, but that's not quite enough of a clue for me. The signal
needs to be propagated where?

 > - selection-with-mouse needs to be implemented

Where does selection-with-mouse need to be implemented? Does that
require converting from pixel coordinates for the pointer to character
positions in the console buffer? If so, does the position of the
scroll bar factor in to the solution? How?

- "copy" can be implemented using ReadConsoleOutputCharacter
- "paste" can be implemented with the existing "sendText" method

The attached patch appears to be enough for the following:

* copy works, but the position and size of the copied text is fixed
because I don't how to select the coordinates from the mouse
position in the window.

* paste works with the context menu, but the Ctrl-V shortcut doesn't
seem to work. Ctrl-V once appears to do nothing, Ctrl-V again
inserts a Ctrl-V character. That looks like the readline
keybinding for inserting a verbatim character.

Hi,

I wonder if you (or anyone else) have some hints for me. I'd really like to get copy and paste working in the Windows terminal widget. I'm happy to do the work but I think I need some pointers about how this is supposed to work in order to do it.

Thanks,