Re: Stepping into local functions no longer works

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Stepping into local functions no longer works
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 03:35:58 -0400

On 04/30/2013 03:14 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

OK, I didn't know dbstop works that way. But I see now. Visually one can
tell the sub_function, but for the editor to figure that out isn't so
easy. Keep in mind the editor window contents could be modified. Maybe
the subfunction boundary is a case where an invisible marker could be used.

If the editor window contents are modified and the modified file is saved, the breakpoints will be cleared when it is parsed again.

I know you want to try to do some tricks to save and restore breakpoints when the file changes, but I'm not convinced that it makes sense to attempt to do that. The contents of the file can change so that the new file is nothing like the old. Why should breakpoints be preserved in that case?