Carlo : GsoC Numerical Project

From: othman darraz
Subject: Carlo : GsoC Numerical Project
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 10:19:55 +0200

Hello Carlo,

As I am applying for one of Octave' Numerical Projects. On the IRC, JordiGH recommend that I should ask you about it. Can you please give me some guidelines or advises to improve my proposal. Did I understand well what it is supposed to do in this project?

I recently sent a email fleshing out more detail what i want to do in this project:

My objective would be to code incomplete LU and Cholesky factorization for Sparse Matrix in CCS format using m-Scripting

I want to begin with incomplete LU with no fill ( 1 week )then with all degrees of fill ( which seems in theory harder 2 weeks) then i will work on Cholesky factorization ( 1 week ) and finally interfacing Octave to ITSOL ( I don't really have an idea how it 's could be done right now )

I didn't write any code for the moment but i have some m-script i found on this discussion.

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Ilu-function-td4648677.html

Particularly, full2ccs.m should be helpful

Thank you for your time