Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system

From: Pantxo Diribarne
Subject: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 17:30:32 +0200

Le ven. 03 mai 2013 00:17:48 CEST, Vytautas Jancauskas a écrit :
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Pantxo Diribarne
<address@hidden> wrote:
I updated the code accordingly.

This looks very good. I did a few more tests :
octave:24> NAME = audiodevinfo(1, 1)
error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined

Here device 1 has no input. You should add a test for this and explicitly
send an error.

octave:26> SUPPORTS = audiodevinfo(1, 44100, 16, 3)
Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in
'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1438
Expression 'ValidateParameters( inputParameters, hostApi, StreamDirection_In
)' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1772

The output is correct but those warning messages appear.

Pantxo

I fixed both of these issues. Added some more unit tests. Any advice
on how to make the proposal stronger would be greatly appreciated
since the deadline is tomorow.

I read your application on octave-wiki (don't know how to access your melange profile): - it seems to me that you should insist on your previous successful gsoc experiences, - one of octave developers regrets is that most gsoc students don't remain active after gsoc deadline. You answer to the related question is somewhat vague ...
- I would avoid smiley in the definite submission :-)

About audiodevinfo :
octave:1> audiodevinfo (1, 147)
error: audiodevinfo: this device does not have any input channels

Here I would expect something like "device 147 does not exist".

octave:4> SUPPORTS = audiodevinfo(1, 1, 44100, 16, 3)
Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1438 Expression 'ValidateParameters( inputParameters, hostApi, StreamDirection_In )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1772
SUPPORTS = 0

For this 5 argument call , the output is correct but the warning message appears. Could you eliminate it as you did for the 4 args call?

Pantxo