Qt help needed with blinking cursor for Windows GUI terminal

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Qt help needed with blinking cursor for Windows GUI terminal
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 17:09:11 -0400

I thought I would take a shot at making the cursor blink in the GUI command window on Windows systems. I used some ideas from the Unix terminal widget. A patch showing what I tried is attached. Unfortunatly it doesn't quite work. By inserting some print statements, I can see that the function attached to the timer is being called periodically and the m_cursorBlinking state is toggling, but the update of the cursor is not happening.

Any clues would be much appreciated.