Re: Release Plans

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Release Plans
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 12:44:15 -0400

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Paryshaan <address@hidden> wrote:
There is a long delay between a new release and its binaries for Windows
Microsoft Visual Studio.
For example Octave 3.6.2 for Windows MinGW installer was released on
2012-06-13, but Octave 3.6.2 for Windows Microsoft Visual Studio on
2013-01-15, about 6 months delay.
Or Octave 3.6.4 for Windows MinGW installer was released on 2013-04-10, but
its binaries for Windows Microsoft Visual Studio are not presented yet which
its time for a new release.
Isn't there a solution for this time delay?

Thank you all for developing Octave
Paryshaan

Making a new binary release takes time. I do it when I've time and I feel the need to do it. If you need newer features, I've released recently a binary package from the development branch [1].

Michael.

[1] https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2013-February/032251.html