Re: Build error on CentOS 6.3

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Build error on CentOS 6.3
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:08:04 -0400

On 9 May 2013 23:13, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Basically 'configure' doesn't complain and let 'make' run for minutes to
> generate the error. This is a huge waste of time.

No warnings either? I see that there is code for warnings for
QScintilla and texinfo.

The configure script is crafted for release tarballs, so at least the
the texinfo dependency doesn't need to be checked as a hard
dependency, because if you're building from hg, you're supposed to
know what you're doing.

> 'make' keeps complaining 'gperf' not found even though that package is
> installed. it stopped after I installed gperftools-devel.

This is odd. What are we using gperf for? It might be a libtool thing.
I'll try to look into it later.

- Jordi G. H.