Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 14:26:27 -0400

On 05/06/2013 07:06 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

I can confirm that. But strangely enough, if you focus another widget,
and use CTRL-O, the "open" dialog pops up, which is normal. Then if you
focus back the terminal widget and use CTRL-O, both actions happen: the
dialog pops up *and* the readline operate-and-get-next is executed.

I'm seeing that behavior too.  So it seems that in addition to Qt
shortcuts, we need to disable any readline bindings for the same key
sequences.  That seems to work to avoid the double action, except that
as you noticed, the keybindings are not initially working in the
terminal window.  They only seem to be activated after they are used
in some other window first.  Then after that, they continue to work
even when the focus is back in the command window.  I can't seem to
change that behavior so that they work from the start.