Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:11:06 -0400

On 05/06/2013 07:06 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

As a result of the change above, I suspect octave is not forked anymore,
the terminal where you started it stays the controlling terminal; hence
CTRL-C in that terminal as sent directly to octave as SIGINT. CTRL-O
does not correspond to any signal, so nothing happens.

Does CTRL-O work when you focus another widget than the embedded
terminal widget?

No, I don't think it was working properly.

Ben, what is the behavior on OS X systems?  Do the keyboard shortcuts work?

I can go back to forking and calling setsid on Unix systems and just
using the ioctl call on OS X.

Then I think the parent process needs to handle signals so that SIGINT
doesn't kill the parent process and leave the child running.  So what
should that behavior be?  If SIGINT is sent to the parent, what signal
(if any) should it send to the child?