Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Detaching from terminal and keyboard input for GUI
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 06:56:46 +0200

On 14.05.2013 04:44, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
>> I can look at disabling this feature if Qsci/qscilexeroctave is not
>> present. But I'm not really interested in duplicating this
>> functionality in Octave in the even that it is not present in
>> QScintilla.
>>
>> jwe
>
> Re-implementing it is a bad idea.  There is then two different versions,
> one from the QSci repository and one possibly from Octave repository.
> Too confusing for users and when users report problems.  It would be
> better for someone to work with the QSci developers to keep that file up
> to date (or ask them to drop it and then maintain one as part of Octave
> project).

I have no objections to the use of qscilexeroctave but just to clarify:
The previously used lexer_octave_gui class was not a reimplementation of
Qscintilla's octave lexer. The class was just a stub with functions for
the default fonts, default colors, the keyword list and a function
(lexer()) that selects the underlying (Q)Scintilla octave lexer. This
avoids compilation errors with older versions of Qscintilla missing the
octave lexer.

Torsten