Re: Aw: Re: The octave-unstable PPA

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: The octave-unstable PPA
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:39:50 -0400

On 05/14/2013 02:12 PM, Stefan Mahr wrote:

Which one is that?

well, simple typo :)
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/correct_typos;h=37f7a51200237cc749d00c289f42e49d2c9893b5;hb=HEAD

fixed in default, not in stable?
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/contourc-stack-overflow.diff;h=4a749d55e58eb48eca19c72e02b7619b947bd197;hb=HEAD

I haven't looked at the details of this report, but not every problem should be fixed on stable, so if the decision was made that it should be fixed on default and that was done, then I still consider the problem fixed.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/dont_set_helvetica-3.1.diff;h=62297c9806f30e49577628f910ed3eb8d72455d0;hb=HEAD

Is there an Octave bug report for this one? I remember this problem being discussed, so another possibility is that the Debian patch is obsolete because the problem was fixed in some other way in Octave. I see that we set the default font to "*" in graphics.h.in (graphics.in.h on the default branch).

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/add_info_dir_categories;h=68920c9d83611a73a75cf1cec2c40604f9f04d00;hb=HEAD

The FAQ is no longer part of the Octave documentation.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/texinfo5.diff;h=79dd464254f830ca825f99fc3b769439f5e20d60;hb=HEAD

I thought the Texinfo 5 problems had already been fixed in Octave's sources.