Terminal input in the GUI vs. Qt keyboard shortcuts

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Terminal input in the GUI vs. Qt keyboard shortcuts
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 18:39:23 -0400

I've been unable to find a way to avoid conflicts between Qt keyboard shortcuts and the terminal input that readline is handling. I'm wondering if this is a fundamental problem that can't be solved if we are hooking readline directly to stdin for the process.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'd really like to know whether the way we are embedding the terminal widget has a chance of working, or whether there is a fatal flaw here that we aren't going to be able to work around no matter what we do.

Comments?