Fwd: Matlab test

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Fwd: Matlab test
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 19:02:24 -0400

Hi,

Can I ask anybody to make a test for me under Matlab. I'm trying to determine when Matlab actually parses files that are contained in a package. The only thing I can think of is to put a parse error into one of the files.

So the test would be to have a package, not initially in your path, and a file (e.g. a function file) in that package, which contains a parse error. Then use "addpath" to make the package visible, that is adding the parent of the package directory to the path.

So let's say you have the following: a/+pack/invalid_fun.m (invalid_fun.m has a parse error). Then try the following commands (if any of the command produces an error, don't bother going further):

addpath a
p = meta.package.fromName('pack')
fcn = p.Functions{1}
fcn()