Re: __octave_srcdir__

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: __octave_srcdir__
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 22:15:22 -0400

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Leo Liu wrote:
> We had a discussion over #octave about this function. I wonder what is
> the plan here? If it is not to be provided in C++ may I request
> something like http://agora.octave.org/snippet/na0r/ be added?
>
> This allow users to customise source directory in .octaverc file that
> octave mode can already makes use of.

I think I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but how is this
proposed function __octave_srcdir__ that just sets a persistent
variable any different functionally from a simple environment
variable? I can already do this in my ~/.octaverc:

  putenv ("OCTAVE_SRCDIR", "/home/mike/src/octave/default");

--
mike