Re: IMAGE PROCESSING SUB GROUP?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: IMAGE PROCESSING SUB GROUP?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 18:31:00 +0100

Sorry for the delayed replies. Been very busy this last couple of days.

On 21 May 2013 05:58, Ming Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Actually I would like to know that 'list of stuff that is missing'. In the
> mean time, I will also try to implement something new that I prefer. Could
> you please help me with them?

A place to start would be by searching the bug tracker [1] for the
word image. I have just prepared a very naïve list of missing
functions and put them on the wiki [2]. Most of those functions are
missing because they only implement a GUI to draw or select things on
the images. Others may be on other packages or even in core (I already
removed some the dicom functions and conversion of indexes images but
was only a quick look). Others will already be implemented but under a
different name.

Some of those functions will require others to be implemented. There
is a group of functions in the package that will "unlock" all the
others. For example, mmgradm boils down to a single line using
imdilate and imerode, and bwmorph is just a wrapper to other functions
in the package.

On 22 May 2013 13:36, Ming Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I make a change to an m-file, or adding a new m-file, for the 'image'
> package, how will I submit it?

To the patch tracker [3].

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=search&group=octave
[2] http://wiki.octave.org/Image_package