GSOC 2013 - FEM LIBRARY

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: GSOC 2013 - FEM LIBRARY
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 01:01:56 +0200

Hi everyone,
my name is Marco and I'm working on the implementation of a Finite Elelment Library.
The idea is to create wrappers in Octave for Dolfin, which is the problem-solving
 C++ environment of Fenics.
Something similar has been done for Python, but we want to go directly from Octave
 to Dolfin instead of using the Octave interpreter for Python.
So, first of all, I need to check the compatibility between Octave and Dolfin.
I noted that, unfortunately, including in the same .h file both the Octave and
Dolfin header file generates some error at compilation time because both
 Octave and Dolfin define a class "Array". Does anyone encountered
 a similar problem somewhere?
Thus, as a first step, we want to write an Octave function for reading
Dolfin mesh (.xml) and converting it into the Octave format. This function
could be added to the msh package.
I will try to keep you updated/discuss also on this blog

http://gedeone-gsoc.blogspot.it/

Marco V.