[Octave] Mesh

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: [Octave] Mesh
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 18:08:33 +0200

> Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:15:05 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Octave] Mesh
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I would like to understand a little bit about mesh in Octave as
> > I have to use them with dolfin Mesh.
> > I have seen the forge pkg msh, but the documentation is not
> > very exhaustive.
> > Is msh the only way in wich we can manage
> > mesh in Octave or there is some other options?
> >
> > Marco V.
>
> Hi Marco,
> C. Will be able to tell you more, since he is the maintainer of that
> package. I think that msh and fpl and the only packages that provide
> mesh manipulation and plotting (msh has also interface to gmsh). The
> geometry package has very little support for geometric meshes, nothing
> really useful for you, I guess.
>
> I think all mesh storage in Octave are in "list of vertices"-"list of
> elements", but I haven't explored exhaustively.
> What is your plan? What do you need exactly?

I want to create an octave function that converts a Dolfin Mesh into an Octave
one and vice-versa.
This would be the first step of my FEM code, and also it give us the opportunity
to use Dolfin features for meshes which are not yet available in Octave (like refinement)
> Did you check this one http://arxiv.org/pdf/1205.3081v1.pdf (mentions
> Dolfin all around)
Thanks, very interesting!!
The author is Andeers Logg, who is one of the developers of Fenics and he
has written something very similar in fenics book.
They seems to be quite interested about our works and available to give us some advice
if necessary.