MXE/readline and event hook

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: MXE/readline and event hook
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 18:37:10 -0400

Could anybody check what's the CPU usage of octave with a MXE build when readline has an input event hook (e.g. when using FLTK as graphics toolkit)?

I upraded my readline version to 6.2, using patches almost identical to the ones in MXE. But it seems octave CPU usage is plummeting when having a readline hook defined. My previous (hacked) readline version used a different mechanism that avoided the problem.

Michael.